LPA H&W Guide
Please take extra care when signing & witnessing your LPA H&W document. Doing so incorrectly may invalidate your document. When you have completed the required sections of your document. You can use our Document check service.
Choosing Your Independent Witnesses.
• DO NOT use a relative or an attorney to be your witness.
• Your witness must be over 18 years old.
• Your Certificate Provider can also act as a witness for you and your attorneys.
• Your attorneys can witness each other’s signatures.
• Ensure your witness is of sound mind.
Important things to consider when signing your LPA H&W document.
• Sign your LPA H&W document with your witness present.
• Date your LPA H&W document in the correct format with your witness present.
• Take extra care and sign your usual signature.
• Follow the instructions In the help video carefully.
Final things to consider:
If your make an error DO NOT attempt to correct it, instead complete our amendment request form (There may be a charge associated.)
Please DO NOT attach anything to your documents. This could could invalidate them.